kolmapäev, september 10, 2003

I just got a phone call from my brother. I'm surprised cause I saw him last night, and when that happens, I usually don't know anything else from him until the following week. He said that we might get together tonight again. My little head is already tickling thinking of what might happen!

Man, I've noticed that there's a stray dog that is always waiting for food at a particular food stall near the office. It's so cute to see him waiting patiently while the lady finishes cooking! If you leave the office at around 5:00pm, you'll see that dog sitting next to the cart, and facing directly to the lady's chopping board. He's not trying to interrupt the lady nor steal meat from her. He's just there very calm, with his tongue hanging from one side of his mouth, and his eyes fixed on the meat! He's probably 50cm tall, mostly white with a few dark brown spots. How I wish I could adopt a dog or a cat, or both!

How I miss my dog! Well, she wasn't really mine. I was just taking care of her for a while while my friends were gone abroad. But what a fun dog she was! She'd been adopted by the age of two, she was a "pre-owned" dog, and we didn't know what her original name was. That's why it was so difficult to: 1. Teach her new tricks, and 2. Make her come when we call her new name.

Still, I was able to teach her two new tricks! First, I taught her to roll over (how lovely!); and second, I taught her to go outside by herself when I say "toilet!" (very convenient!). When I'd spend too much time in front of the computer, I remember she'd come to me from behind, climb on me by putting her two fore paws on my shoulder, and look at me in the eyes, like saying "why don't you play with me?". Other times, if there's enough space on the sides, she'd rest her chin on my lap, and look at me in the eyes, like saying "what time are we going out for the walk?".

Yes, that dog is certainly man's best and unconditional friend.