teisipäev, september 09, 2003

Just came back from a medical exam for my visa paperwork. Did it in a private hospital because "it's going to be better". I'm not sure in which sense were they telling me it was going to be better. They didn't make me wait a lot, which was good (but could've been a lot faster I guess). But the exam itself was a joke.

First they measured my blood pressure the old fashioned way. Since that was a private hospital, I thought they'd have the machine, but no, a nurse did it with a stetoscope. And apparently, my blood pressure was so high that she couldn't believe it, measured it about three times, and then asked if my blood pressure is usually high.

Then I went to see the doctor, which was an old lady. All her medical test consisted in asking me a few simple questions, and listening to my torax with her stetoscope. She asked me if I had TBC, STD, and stuff. She didn't ask about my family's medical history, nor whether I smoke, drink, etc. Unbelievable. She just asked by mouth, and when she asked if I had any venereal illnesses, I thought perhaps she'd take a look. Not even that.

Then she asked me to get some X-rays, which I did. Then went back to her office, she filled the medical certificate form, and that was it.

On one hand it was good that it finished so easily, but on the other hand, I was astonished at how lightly they took it. I had skipped several things cause I thought they'd take blood and urine samples! Good thing that at least I drank water.

Another funny thing that happened is, the doctor spoke crappy English (but man, I don't blame her, this is her country, and I should speak her language). Her English was really a lot worse than mine, yet she dared ask me if I understand English! Ha!

Once I went to another medical check for similar purposes, and there the doctor (who was male, and had a female nurse helping him) made me lay on his examination table, pulled down my pants and started to examine veeery patiently my dick and my nuts. He was even pulling them to the point they were starting to hurt a bit. At one point he was even asking me "to make force". I didn't really understand what he meant with that, but now I think that perhaps he meant he wanted to see a hard-on? Hard to believe, but what else could that be?