reede, september 05, 2003

So after getting my visa, I inmediately took a taxi to take me to the bridge and cross the border. I had gone to that country just with the purpose of getting that freaking visa, and fortunately it had taken me only two days. But in order to enter that country, I had to pay US$30.00 for a tourist visa! And it's valid for only 15 days! And they have nothing interesting to show! What a nerve!

Anyway, I crossed the border quickly because that other country is boring to death. Then I went straight to the bus terminal to get a ticket to come back here. The nice buses were going to depart within four hours... but I had tried before the not so nice buses that leave earlier... I was better off waiting the four hours.

Fortunately I had another Lonely Planet book. This time it was 'Brief Encounters', about love and/or sex stories during trips. Kind of fun. At one point I got tired of just sitting there, so I stood up and took a short walk.

Then when I was crossing a street, I saw a stray cat, a beautiful cat I'm sure must've been somebody's pet. I usually stay away from stray animals, but this one was way too cute to just walk by and forget. Save for a brown spot on its forehead, it was all whitish. I was standing two or three meters away from this cat, and when I noticed it, I leaned towards it, and greeted him 'heeellooo kitty!'. Then instead of running away, he walks towards me, then between my feet, kind of trying to rub his body against my ankles. He had such a soft and thick fur! Then he walked one or two steps in front of me, and layed meowing belly up like demanding to be tickled, which of course I did. How can I possibly resist that?

Then I take a step back, and the cat repeats the whole ceremony. And again I tickle him. And once again. How nice! That cat lit up my whole day! And he was quite clean and well fed, and didn't look sick, and wasn't afraid of people. Yeah, must've been somebody's pet.