reede, september 05, 2003

What a bitch, this schoolmate just got angry at me, and she doesn't even realize that it's all her own fault. Poor girl, I've got peace of mind; if she wants to be unhappy, that's her choice.

What happens is that she is a serial chain e-mailer. She's been sending me lots of chain mails for quite a while. But since we're good friends, I just delete them without much fuss. But this year I came to a point that I really got tired of those things, and started by letting her know in a subtle way that I don't enjoy those things. She didn't understand the message even though it was delicately conveyed (and I'm the guy, she's the girl!). So each time I made it more straightforward... until today when she sent me about three of that shit. One was a virus alert, another one was an alert of Hotmail accounts about to be cancelled, that kind of crap, and they all ended with the classic 'please forward this message to all of the contacts in your address book'.

So, I once again, but this time very much to the point, explained to her about the e-mails that finish with that telling line. Of course I didn't write any insult nor anything that would be offensive. But this girl replied to me that okay, she won't send me more of those messages, but to be on the safe side (since I won't be aware of those dangers anymore) she wanted me to delete her address from my address book and my msn and all other records, and she would do the same thing with my addresses in her records.

I don't have msn, and I don't have her address in my address book either in the first place. But I won't tell her that.