pühapäev, oktoober 08, 2006

Broken telephone

A couple of days ago I got an e-mail from a high school classmate X.  She was telling me that just a few minutes earlier she'd been chatting with yet another classmate, Y.  Y had given her the bad news that some guy from our class had passed away two months ago.  When I asked for details on how this guy died, X said that Y had told her this guy passed away in Los Angeles, where he had a car accident involving a fall from a bridge.  The fall left him hemiplegic, and a few weeks later he had a heart attack, which is what did him.

Then last night I was able to find online another guy, Z, from my class, and made him the comment about this death.  He said yeah, that he'd also talked in person to Y (that's X's source of information), and according to her... the dead guy had a car accident in San Francisco, involving a fall from a bridge.  This fall left him quadriplegic, and somehow led to his death.

I mean, two people claim to have talked to the same person, but they come to me with rather different stories.  What's this?