pühapäev, oktoober 01, 2006

Invasion of ants

This gives me the creeps.  I don't know how nor why it happened.

Getting ready to fix supper, I went to the toilet for a pit stop.  After flushing, I noticed a thin line of ants coming from the ceiling, heading for the lid of the tank of my toilet bowl.  I thought it was kind of good to see it cause I could see the ant nest on the ceiling, or so I thought, and therefore, I could spray directly on it, rather than just spraying the line of walking ants.

After I finished doing that, somehow I noticed that actually, although the line of ants was not very thick, there were lots and lots of ants on the sides of the lid of the toilet bowl water tank.  I didn't like that very much, but okay, I sprayed them too.  They were so many though that I can't just spray them and leave them there.  I need to wipe out the dead ants a while later.  Who would want to use a toilet covered with dead ants like that?

So a couple of minutes later, when the ants are dead, I come back to clean that up.  I raise the lid, and I find even more and more ants on the inner rim of the water tank.  I don't get it.  I spray these too.  But when I lift the lid from the sink, where I had put it for a while, I find many ants have fallen on the sink.  So I turn this lid over, and find so many ants there!

I think it must be a manufacturing error or something, but there's a hole in one corner of this ceramic lid.  The hole is so big I can almost stick in my little finger in there.  The ants seemed to be in the middle of a nest moving process.  So I spray directly into this hole, then turn over and shake.  Many more ants and some kind of ceramic dust falls.  Arrrghhh!!!

Arrrghhh!!!  Ahhh!!!

Well, better to have found them now than find ants on yourself each time you go to seat on that toilet bowl.