teisipäev, september 23, 2003

Today I got my userid and password so I can access my high school class' website. Pretty neat. I think the guy who put it together didn't write it up from scratch, but used some tool special for this (no need to reinvent the wheel). It's got a message board, a well organized and comment enabled photo album, etc. Pretty neat!

In my high school we used to be three groups per year, and each year the groups wouldn't vary, for the most part. In this website I found a more or less current party photograph of one of the "other" groups in my class, and I just couldn't recognize any of the faces. I was astonished. Those guys were just a bunch of total strangers to me.

Funny... especially when we were approaching our senior year, everybody used to talk very enthusiastically about "integration" and "friendship" between the three groups. I used to tell my self "Why am I not so interested? Why does it look like I'm the only one not very much concerned about "integration"?".

Now I just don't care, and I think it was all just some sort of motto. I think friendship is something that should be let to develop naturally. And as a result of that, it is usually pretty strong. If it's force-fed into your mouth, it just doesn't work or it's very superficial.