teisipäev, september 16, 2003

Today I was able to chat with an old high school friend for the first time in several weeks. We'd lost contact for many years, and then I think last year somehow we found each other, and have been chatting every once in a while.

Very nice guy to talk to. Who would've thought? When we were in school we used to give him a very hard time. I don't think anybody hated him, but everybody did think that he was totally uncool for being so religious, and used to constantly pull his leg for this.

After we finished high school, I knew he'd joined some religious college, but then I wasn't aware of what else might he be doing. Then when we regained contact, I found out that now he is in a rather high position among the clergy in our hometown!

When I chat with him there's no trace whatsoever of offence nor rancor. I admire that. Instead, he shows a lot of patience and good listening (or chatting) skills. Wow, I thought that in that college they'd only teach people to be "christian extremists", but this guy really turned out to be a better person.

I'm not religious, but I enjoy talking to him.