neljapäev, veebruar 22, 2007

Yahoo! Small Business Customer Care

Lately I'd been writing some code to post on a website that is hosted by Yahoo! Small Business.  At some point this website requires the customer to input his/her name, e-mail address and so on, and then it's supposed to send an automatic confirmation e-mail to the customer.

In order to get those tricks going I checked Yahoo! Small Business help pages, and used their sample code as reference.  However, I ran into problems even with the sample code.  It happens that when the e-mail address that was provided is good, the confirmation e-mail is sent, and a confirmation message is printed on the screen.  But unexpectedly, and unlike what is explained in the same page of the help files, when the provided e-mail address is bad, you still get the confirmation message on your screen.  The expected outcome is, or should be, that you get a message on the screen saying that there were problems sending e-mail to that address.

Well, since I'm a paying customer of Yahoo! Small Business, I called their help desk on the phone.  But the guy who answered couldn't help me so he provided me with the e-mail address of the department in charge of that kind of problems.  He said that if I write to them, I would get a reply in less than 24 hours.

So I did, and they really came back to me within a few hours.  But the reply they gave to me was completely lousy and unrelated to the problem I had explained to them.  I wrote to them explaining once again the situation, and they wrote to me for a second time saying that they would need to access this and that in my company's Yahoo! account so I have to provide to them with this and that confidential data to confirm I really am who I say I am.  Fine.  I did send them all of that confirmation data.  But the next mail I get from them is again a reply for something I didn't ask.  So I write one again describing the problem for a third time.

Then a couple of days passes with no sign of life from them.  And this morning I got a request from Yahoo! to fill some customer satisfaction survey in relation to my recent interaction with their help desk.  Hell that bitch already flagged my case as closed even though she never took the trouble of sitting down and trying to understand the meaning of my e-mails!  I am mad.