kolmapäev, veebruar 14, 2007

Really bad shoes

Last year in June or July I bought a pair of shoes and a pair of sandals at the same store.  At that time I was very happy because I thought I'd been very lucky to find these locally made shoes at a great discount.  Yeah, I felt very good about buying local.  But stupid me, very quickly I saw my sandals' sole unglue from its base, so I had to glue it myself with superglue.  Then a couple of months later, one of the rivets of on my right shoe detaches, and today one whole side of the same right shoe has detached from the sole.  Not to mention that the "Bargain Sale" sign is still up there at the store.  What a crappy experience.

The previous time I'd bought similar shoes, I'd bought them abroad, and they were made in China.  I was able to use them heavy duty for about three years.  These didn't last even one.  Even the shoe laces are not that great since they tend to untie very easily just by walking.  What a shame.