pühapäev, jaanuar 07, 2007

Star Wars Episode IV (A New Hope?)

Tonight I watched on TV the original Star Wars, which now is called Episode IV.  I have probably seen reruns of this particular episode almost ten times.  But I'm kind of surprised cause I think this was a bit different from the previous ones.  I got the impression they've redone parts of it... which is quite impressive given the fact that the original release was almost 20 years ago.

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that they were going to remaster or something this film for the re-release.  But if they were going to do that, it kind of bugs me that they left (or inserted?) certain details:
  1. Number displays in which the numbers are our beloved Arabic numerals.
  2. References to dimensions given in meters (it bugs me because a meter is defined as some fraction of the distance between the Equator and the North Pole, both located on planet Earth).
  3. References to time given in minutes (which in its old time definition is also somehow based on the nature of planet Earth).
Pretty good film nevertheless.  It never fails to entertain.