teisipäev, juuni 13, 2006

National holiday at home

Today I spent the whole day at home.  I only went out a few minutes to buy drinking water.  Today I fasted too, but not quite Ramadan style, as I had breakfast well after runrise, had supper before sunset, and drank a lot of water in between.  I've done this three days in a row already.  I wonder how many calories I saved this way?  Oh, I should note that supper wasn't particularly big, just the same serving size I would've had if I had eaten lunch anyway.

I really hate this weather.  That's why I stay home.  If I stay home I save sweat and money.

I'm surprised at the cockroaches from here.  In my home country cockroaches only come out when it's dark; meaning not just night, but when everybody's gone to bed and the room is dark.  Here they come out at night, but even when the room's lights are on.  That's why lately I feel a bit uncomfortable about leaving the balcony door open while I watch TV at night.  Even if the lights are on, every once in a while they'll come inside.  And fuck, these cockroaches like to fly.  I hate them.  Fortunately I always have at hand a powerful insectiside spray, and so far none has ran away.  All of them are dead a few seconds after being sprayed.