teisipäev, aprill 25, 2006

Owning a cable TV network must be it...

In the apartment where I live now there's paid cable TV, rather than free satellite TV.  Among the channels I get now there's no ABC Asia Pacific, from Australia, which I used to enjoy a lot in my old place.  This channel is not even available as an add-on to our cable TV.  Bummer.

So I sent an e-mail to ABC Asia Pacific asking them to invite themselves to join the roster of our cable company.  Their programming is free and very high quality anyway.  The reply from the Australian guys came promptly this morning:  My cable company demands a very expensive payment from ABC Asia Pacific in order to carry their signal, and ABC just can't afford it.

I'm like, what?  Provided you've got your own dish antenna, you can receive ABC for free, yet those cable guys want to charge to ABC for the luxury of carrying their signal?  But they're already making a lot of money out of the monthly fees I pay to them!  Fucking greedy bastards.