neljapäev, aprill 20, 2006

Shame on you, Philips!

As soon as I moved to my current apartment this past January, I replaced all of the lightbulbs in my dining room cause they were all incandescent and here their quality is really crappy.

In my previous apartment I'd been using the incandescent type, but they'd burn out within one month.  Then when I switched to the fluorescent lightbulbs, I forgot about the problems and didn't need to replace any of them for over a year until I moved out.

Come mid-April, not even four full months have passed in my new apartment, and already one of these fluorescent lightbulbs is dead!  It's the same brand and model as before, and I see in the old box that it claims it's gonna last three years!

For those of you who are curious, it's a Philips Essential 14 Watt Cool Daylight fluorescent lightbulb made in China.  Yeah, of course I bought it brand new at a reputable hardware store!