laupäev, aprill 15, 2006

Fucking helpdesk

Man, how I hate this ISP helpdesk.  Granted, the connection speed itself has noticeably improved over the last few months.  When I'm watching TV or listening to the radio over the net, I get less interruptions, which is really a pleasure.

But whenever I have problems, and lately it's happening a couple of times per week --rather than once a month like last year--, I try to avoid calling the helpdesk, hoping that the problem will go away by itself.  Sometimes it does after perhaps one hour.  But today I needed to talk to those guys, gee.

The girl said that she 'reset' my connection, and it now appears to be working fine.  But to make the story short, everytime I talk to them I feel like I'm talking with one of those car mechanics who tell you lots of things are about to break down in your car.  Hey, I know when something's wrong with my computer, I work with software, and I know what I'm doing!

Fuck, I didn't change anything in my network configuration, yet the girl was suggesting me to check my firewall and restart my computer!  Some other day the guy said that 90% of the connection problems were caused by viruses in the customer's computer, so please run a scan and check again --and this happened before he took the trouble of listening to what I had to say!