teisipäev, oktoober 16, 2007

Woo-woo in an IT office

WTF?  I just noticed one of the lady managers in this office passing on lucky charms?  And these are not plain, simple adornments.  These are highly priced medallions that some people really believe will quickly bring them the riches.  If this is the level of intelligence of the managers... what can we expect from the subordinates?

So I wonder, what's the standard for deciding whether this stuff works or not?  What's the dividing line beyond which you are entitled to say "Yes, I saw A, therefore this medallion works", or "No, I saw B, therefore this medallion is just a piece of useless crap".

It makes me angry when I see people of some authority promoting woo-woo because lower ranked people who have fallen for this shit just have no salvation from this...  If they see some extra income, they think "Oh yeah, the amulet works!".  If they don't see any extra income, they think "Well, not yet.  The spirits are testing my faith, so I must remain steady".  It's a lose-lose situation.  How sad.