esmaspäev, mai 28, 2007

Cheap stuff ends up expensive

What a difference it makes to use more expensive, brand-name CD-Roms.  Last week I spent the whole day burning and testing, and burning and testing, over and over again cause the CD-Roms were all crappy!  I was using some cheap Princo CD-Roms, and I burnt like 22 of them.  After a reportedly "successful" burning, ALL of them ended up being faulty and useless.

How annoying.  I even used two different computers to burn, and I even try doing that from Linux and Windows XP.

Then I went to buy some Sony CD-Roms, which were more than twice as expensive... but what a difference!  The six I needed to burn, were all successful on the first try.  What a relief!  I was starting to think that perhaps my CD reader was bad.  It wasn't.  The problem were those cheap CDs.