pühapäev, detsember 04, 2005

Unpleasant surprise at KFC

Yuck, today I had to eat at KFC again for the first time in perhaps six months.  I usually like KFC, but here it's very expensive, and the locals give it a funky twist that I dislike.

The previous time I was there I had a very good looking chicken sandwich, but it was fucking hot, not to mention expensive.  That's why I hand't gone again all of this time.

Today it was an emergency, as the other alternatives for lunch were even worse.  So I went in, and found they were selling something that resembled Taco Bell's chalupas, except that it had a piece of chicken inside.  I really miss chalupas and gorditas, so that's what I ordered.  Actually I ordered the Value Meal, which came with a small cup of something that resembles a potato salad, and a glass of Pepsi (or was it Coke?).

Yuck, the salad was not potato salad.  It had some chunks of tuna, some corn kernels, some soy beans (edamame), and some shredded carrots.  But the terrible thing was the sauce, which was supposed to be mayo.  Whatever they put on it really looked like mayonaise, but it was very sweet!  Sorry, not for me.

Now, going to the chalupa, which here they call a "Puff", it had a piece of fried chicken, some shredded carrots, broccoli, and a bright orange sauce that tasted like cheddar cheese.  Well, this one tasted okay, but I think that the broccoli and the carrots were out of place, and the way they assembled the thing really sucked.  Whoever wrapped it, he has never seen a propper chalupa before.  And whoever thought up those funky combinations... I don't know what to say.  Sweet mayonnaise with tuna?  A broccoli in your chalupa?  Yeah, the culture is different here.