laupäev, märts 19, 2005

Sneaky mother fuckers

ThemeXP

Last night I had some free moments, and I thought I'd spend them embellishing my Windows desktop. I stumbled on this page, and thought I'd give this screensaver a go.

After installing it, I was wondering, if it's so wonderful, how come this company is giving it away for free? So I ran my MS Antispyware, and sure enought, there was new spyware installed!

I know it came with this screensaver for sure because earlier in the same day I'd happened to do my weekly anti-spyware and anti-adware runs.

This piece of crap came with something called MyWay toolbar for MS Internet Explorer. At the end, no data was damaged, nothing was stolen, nor anything, but I lost sooo many hours trying to get rid of it! Simply running again a deep scan with the anti-spyware and anti-adware didn't get rid of all of the registry entries, and files, and cookies that had been installed.

Bad move.