neljapäev, märts 17, 2005

Shitty customer service all over...

What the fuck?

Two days ago I was in peace with the world, minding my own business,
when suddenly by laptop's power adaptor short circuited. I was just
reading or writing something, and had been doing so for a couple of
hours. I wasn't moving the computer, nor was using it under the rain.
Just plain use.

With what I had left of battery power, I searched the Internet for
IBM's technical service phone number. It was very easy to find. So I
inmediately called their toll free number, and the girl took my name,
my computer's model and serial number, and listened carefully to the
problem. She even made me repeat parts of it so she could type it in.
At the end, her technical help consisted in: please call this other
number.

I've got no time to waste arguing with that dickhead, so I called the
number she told me. After a long wait, another girl answered the
phone, and followed by the same previous routine, she also told me to
call a different number. When I complained to her that I had been
directed to this number by some other IBMer working at their own
"technical helpdesk", she asked me to wait a little while.

After a long wait, yet a different girl came to talk to me, and
inmediately asked me what had the distributor had told me. What
distributor is she talking about? I've been waiting all that time on
hold... when didn I have time to talk to the IBM distributor mother
fucker? And when did you give me the distributor's name and phone
number? I bought my laptop directly from IBM's offices, that's why I
was calling IBM technical helpdesk in the first place.

Fuck you! Thank you very much for your uselessness.

When did you ever see a power adaptor breaking down? Mine did. And
it was an original IBM part. And it went bust just shortly after the
guarantee expired.

So I went out to try to find by myself the very same model of power
adaptor as I had. Shit, I walked like you can't imagine. I thought
it wouldn't be difficult because it's a popular model of laptop
computer, but nobody had the same exact power adaptor model. And to
top it off, most of the store keepers had this freaking arrogant
attitude like they're very important person, and it doesn't matter if
they make one more sale of a power adaptor or not, and they might be
wondering if they have the time to bother with me. Dude, I didn't go
to a wholesaler place trying to buy one unit. I went to these huge
shopping centers full of small shops with intense competition that
cater to independent shoppers.

What the hell! I ended up buying from one nice lady who really knew
how to give customer service. I was so pleased with her that I didn't
even ask her for a discount. Her good manners deserved to be
rewarded!