teisipäev, september 14, 2004

Windows XP Service Pack 2

Yeah! It's finally installed in my laptop computer!

Since I only have a telephone line at home, I ordered the free CD from
Microsoft. I got a response from them saying that it'd take between
four to six weeks to arrive. But the CD arrived today, just two weeks
later!

It took me about 90 minutes just to install the service pack, and then
perhaps another one hour trying to fix something that I inmediately
noticed had broken down!

It was my favorite and actually, only mouse, my optical wireless
mouse... as soon as I plugged it for the first time after installing
the service pack, I got the "Blue Screen"! And it wouldn't get fixed
even by reinstalling the device driver.

I checked the manufacturer's website, and they had a newer device
driver for my mouse, which claimed to be for SP2, but was suspiciously
dated late August. Is it really going to work?

I gave it a try anyway, and it worked like a charm (the mouse's device driver)!

Now the only thing so far I dislike about my Windows XP with Service
Pack 2 is that now my laptop computer takes much longer to start up.
I don't know, should I get more memory for my laptop?