pühapäev, mai 28, 2006

Blessed bug killer & burning fat with water

Gee, I wonder what they put inside this insecticide.  Since it's so freaking steamy hot I like to spend most of the night with the door to my balcony wide open and leave the fan pushing the hot air out of my room.  Tonight I was doing something at the computer with my back to this door, and I suddenly start to hear some flapping wings.  At first I don't pay much attention, but then to my right I see one giantic cockroach.

This bugger must've been about 1 1/2 inches long.  Absolutely disgusting.  I ran for the can of roach killer and sprayed it from about 20 cm away for less than one second.  It was a direct hit, and the cockroach was knocked out, but not quite dead yet, in a minute.  That stuff is really powerful and I'm very thankful to the manufacturers.  I wonder though, would this be legal in a developed country?  Perhaps it's too toxic and not approved for home use?  I don't know.?  Ha!  If it hadn't worked quickly like this I'd probably be bitching that it's poor quality stuff that could only be sold in the Third World.

Well that scare made me lose a page I was reading.  It said something very interesting and kind of makes sense.  It said that you can burn calories by drinking cold water.  The reasoning is that once inside your stomach, your body will try to warm up this chilled water and for this it needs to burn calories.  It even gave some reference numbers like drink this much and after this many weeks you'll burn enough calories to lose that many pounds.  Interesting.  I wish they also found a way to lose weight just by eating Burger King Whopers.