reede, mai 21, 2004

The way many ISPs work here is by selling little cards that have userid, passwords and access telephone numbers in them. Depending which card you buy, you have the right to connect to the Internet for a number X of hours.

Last time I went shopping for one of those cards was last month. I found one that read that after purchasing it, if I registered in their website, I'd be allowed to use the Internet at half the standard price. I thought it was a pretty good deal, so I bought it.

When I got home, and connected to the Internet with the new card, of course the first thing I did was go to their website and register. At the end of the process, I got some sort of confirmation screen, so I thought I was all set.

It happens that I wasn't! Two days ago I just couldn't connect to the Internet. Perhaps it's just a temporary problem and I should wait one day I thought. Yesterday I was still having the same problem, so I called their customer service number.

To my surprise, they told me that I wasn't registered in their server to get the discount, and that the time originally printed on my card was up. That doesn't make sense. The guy, Mr. A said that he'd work on that and call me within one hour.

Two hours later, I hadn't received any phone call yet, so I called them again. I couldn't find Mr. A, and had to explain the whole thing again to Mr. B. He said exactly the same thing as the first guy, and that he'd call me within one hour.

Again, two hours later I hadn't got any reply from them, so I called a third time. I wasn't able to find neither Mr. A nor Mr. B. I had to explain the whole thing for a third time to Ms. C. She promised she'd find me Mr. A and get him call me back inmediately.

Soon afterwards, I did get a phone call, but it wasn't neither A, nor B, nor C. It was some other guy, Mr. D! I had to explain the problem again (for the fourth time, to the same company, within the same day, no kidding). This bastard, on top of telling me the same stuff as A and B, suggested I was telling him lies cause he couldn't find me in his server. That mother fucker! He thinks that his customers are as cheap as he himself is! Who does he think he is? Accusing me of calling three times in the same day just to tell lies in order to get a discount over a US$5 product? I'm not calling to get an unfair deal, I'm calling to get what was specified in their documentation! They already got my money, now they should deliver the promised service.

With this kind of "service oriented" people, it's no wonder this country is firmly stranded as a third world country.

I'm never ever going to use that company again.